HOME - Janux - D2L - Email
How to take a picture of your screen
When reporting a problem to the instructor, it's very helpful to take a picture
of your screen or window, and attach it to your email. Here's how to take a
- Mac OS X
Settings I, by Bruce Phillips, is a free utility to change the default
location and file format of screenshots.
- Or, here is the plain vanilla version using Grab:
- Find your Utilities folder, which is located within your Applications
folder. In other words, double-click on your hard drive icon, then
open Applications, then open Utilities. (You might want to save the
Utilities folder in your dock.)
- Inside the Utilities folder is an application called Grab. (You
might want to save Grab in your Dock also.) Double-click Grab to open
- Once Grab opens, you will see a Capture Menu. From the Capture
menu, choose Selection. Then drag over the area you want to take a
screenshot of. When you finish dragging, you will hear a click.
- An untitled window will open containing your screenshot. Choose
Save from the File menu, and you can give it a name and save it to
your desktop. From there you can drag it into an email message. Or
you can open it in Preview to change its format to a jpg or a pdf.
- iPhone and iPod touch
is one thing to photograph people. It is another to make others care about them
by revealing the core of their humanness." David Strand, photographer